Tuesday 15 November 2016

The impossibility of blogging about MathsJam

I thought I would do a blog post on the MathsJam weekend conference which I have just attended. This was two days of short (five-minute maximum)  talks about interesting maths, delivered by a wide variety of speakers.  Although by definition anything presented at MathsJam is recreational, topics varied from very pure mathematics to very applied, with statistics, operational research, computing and communication all included (and also art and poetry).  I think I say this every year, but 2016 was the best MathsJam yet.

My plan for this blog post was to describe three or four highlights and ideas I had taken away.  But after a quick look at my notes I find that that would be impossible,  There were too many highlights to mention: no small selection could be fair.  So all I'm going to do is refer readers to the website which, we are promised, will in due course make the presentations available, and thank the organisers and participants for providing such an amazing, inspiring, friendly weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment